Episode 3: Signature Plated Dessert.
EPISODE 3: SIGNATURE PLATED DESSERT GUIDELINES
- Chefs will have approximately five hours to prepare 8 portions of their creative, original plated dessert. (This is not the dessert that each chef submitted for the selection process.)
- Chef Finalists will bring their ingredients to the competition site at the load-in on Saturday. All ingredients must be scaled separately and labeled. All combining of ingredients and cooking for this challenge must take place live on Sunday.
- Competitors will walk with their desserts to the Judges’ Table and describe what they made and tell the ‘story’ or concept behind the dish.
- Signature Plated Desserts are scored based on taste, use of ingredients, dessert concept, originality, presentation, cleanliness, and composition (plating).
- Note: The CRPC Judges are looking for fresh, exciting and stimulating dessert ideas and concepts.
- Start times, as well as the pick-up times for the dessert items, will be staggered. Competitors will draw numbers on Saturday to decide the order.
- All plates are provided by Steelite International and selected at the Saturday load-in following the order indicated at the Drawing of Advantages.
- Recipes for the Signature Plated Dessert must be submitted by the due date and follow the CRPC sample dessert recipe format.
All recipes MUST include: dessert title, chef, ingredients, and ratios in grams, step by step method of production, and a list of the steps of assembly.
Watch for updates for The Chicago Restaurant Pastry Competition by joining our Facebook page or visiting: www.JMPurePastry.com.
Find 'CRPC 4: Freaks of the Industry - Episode 3' recipes in the DessertProfessional.com Recipe section or click the links below.