Houston, TX - On March 6, 2017 The prestigious Culinary Institute LeNôtre will host the 2017 Lenôtre National Symposium of Pastry Arts and A.C.F Chocolate and Sugar Showpiece Competition.
Chefs, professionals, partners and friends of the industry will assemble at the famed Culinary Institute Lenôtre in Houston to celebrate Pastry Arts by sharing their knowledge and new ideas. This full day event will showcase the talent and experience of participating pastry artists with an ACF Chocolate and Sugar Décor Competition open to both Professionals and Students with a minimum of $6,400 cash prize.
The symposium will feature a wide range of professionals in the dessert profession. From celebrity chefs and world leaders of the Pastry Arts tradition this will be a congregation of the most talented minds and outstanding individuals around Houston area and beyond. They will come to network and befriend, compete and showcase, exchange cultural values and pastry traditions, award lifetime achievers, and dine on food prepared by the leaders of tomorrow.
Keynote Speakers include:
- Roland Mesnier - 26 years Executive Pastry Chef at the White House, author of All the Presidents’ Pastries and Dessert University
- Charles Carroll - Author of Tasting for Success, Past President of World Association of Chefs Societies
- Paul Edwards - Founder of Chef Rubber, specialty items for Artisan Chefs, and Cake Decorators
- Laurent Vannieuwenhove - Innovation & Nutrition Center Manager for Puratos Corporation
On the occasion, Marie LeNotre and the Celebrity Chefs will be signing their books.
Masters of Ceremony:
- Katherine Whaley, Television Anchor, ABC 13 Houston
- Ernie Manouse, Television Host, Houston PBS
GENERAL ADMISSION: $85 All-Inclusive. Includes access to all symposium events plus breakfast, lunch, and dinner reception meals on March 6 (Panels will run from 9:00am to 6:30pm / Dinner Cocktail reception & Awards start at 7pm). Get 7 A.C.F Continuing Education Hours.
Register at https://guestlist.co/events/444081
COMPETITION: Register through postmarked mail.
Download and print the application package at http://bit.ly/2j6CgfQ
All applications need to be mailed to:
Culinary Institute Lenôtre
7070 Allensby St
Houston, TX 77022
Application must be received via post on or before February 8, 2017 to be eligible to compete.
WEBSITE & PROGRAM