Andres Lara's dessert featuring choux crust, pâte à choux, cherry purée, unfrozen cherry coulis, cherry swirl cream cheese gelato, cherry marshmallow and cherry gelée.
- 2.6 oz/75 g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3.17 oz/90 g brown sugar
- 3.17 oz/90 g T-55 flour
1. Mix room temperature butter with all ingredients. Roll out to 0.07”/2mm thickness between acetate sheets. Freeze.
2. Cut into rounds to fit tops of choux. Reserve in freezer
Pâte à Choux:
- 13.2 oz/375 g water
- 4.4 oz/125 g milk
- 0.17 oz/5 g salt
- 0.03 oz/1 g granulated sugar
- 7 oz/200 g unsalted butter
- 10.5 oz/300 g T-55 flour
- 17.6 oz/500 g whole eggs
1. Boil water, milk, salt, sugar and butter. Add flour; stir over heat until dough forms ball. Transfer to bowl; slowly add eggs mix to desired consistency. Pipe rounds onto parchment. Top each one with Choux Crust round.
2. Bake in deck oven 200°C. Open vent after they have colored. Dry in oven.
- 8 oz/225 g cherry puree
- 1.2 oz/35 g Ginseng spirit
- 0.25 oz/7 g gel cream cold (sosa)
Blend all ingredients in thermomix until smooth. Chill.
Unfrozen Cherry Coulis:
- 10.5 oz/300 g Cherry Purée (recipe above)
- 7.4 oz/210 g granulated sugar
- 3.5 oz/100 g trimoline
- 1.76 oz/50 g Chambord liqueur
Mix all the ingredients together. Reserve in piping bag in refrigerator.
Cherry Swirl Cream Cheese Gelato:
- 9.6 oz/275 g granulated sugar, divided
- 0.21 oz/6 g ice cream stabilizer
- 24.7 oz/700 g milk
- 2.5 oz/70 g trimoline
- 10.5 oz/300 g Morello cherries
- 1.2 oz/35 g lemon juice
- 11.1 oz/315 g cream cheese
1. Set aside 1 oz/30 g of the sugar to mix with cherries later. Mix stabilizer with remaining granulated sugar. Warm the milk to 104°F/40°C. Add the trimoline and the sugar and stabilizer mixture. Cook to 185°F/85°C. Allow to mature and cool.
2. Mix cherries with remaining 1 oz/30 g sugar and allow to macerate for 20 minutes.
3. Add lemon juice, cream cheese and cherries to base and process in ice cream machine. Upon extracting from machine, swirl in cherry coulis. Shock freeze at -25°C for min 10-15 minutes. Reserve at -18°C.
- 2 oz/55 g gelatin powder (200 bloom strength)
- 10.5 oz/300 g trimoline
- 23 oz/650 g granulated sugar
- 8.8 oz/250 g Cherry Purée
- 7.4 oz/210 g glucose syrup
1. Allow the gelatin to bloom. Place in mixing bowl with trimoline.
2. Cook sugar, purée and glucose to 230°F/110°C. Pour over gelatin mass. Whip on medium-high heat until cool and desired volume is reached. Pipe into log tubes. Allow to set and cut.
- 0.014 oz/0.4 g Gellan
- 3.5 oz/100 g cherry purée
- 0.35 oz/10 g water
- 0.35 oz/10 g granulated sugar
- 0.03 oz/1 g agar agar
1. Blend Gellan into the puree, water and sugar. Disperse the agar agar over the surface evenly. Bring to a boil and cast immediately.
2. Once cold, cut out round disks of gelée.
- White chocolate circles
- Glazed cherries
- Edible violas and oxalis
1. Fill choux puffs with gelato and freeze until ready to serve.
2. Wrap a strip of marshmallow around each Bao like a belt. Top with round of Cherry Gelée. Pipe dollops of Cherry Purée on plate and garnish with white chocolate circles, glazed cherries, violas and oxalis.