Peruvian chocolate soup, caramelized brioche and High Road fig-date and pomegranate molasses ice cream by Keith Schroeder, Chef of High Road Craft Ice Cream & Sorbet in Atlanta, GA.
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 oz/113 g cashews
- 20 liq oz/591 ml coconut milk
- 8 liq oz/236 ml coconut water
- 4 oz/113 g coconut palm sugar
- 8 oz/227 g Hexx Single-Origin Peruvian Chocolate
1. Cover the cashews with water and soak overnight.
2. In a small saucepot, combine the coconut milk, coconut water and palm sugar. Bring to a simmer.
3. Place the drained cashews and the chopped chocolate in a blender jar. Pour hot coconut milk mixture over the cashews and the chocolate and blend until fine consistency. Strain through a fine strainer into a small saucepot. Heat through, stirring frequently.
- 4 rounds of brioche
- Granulated sugar, as needed
- Unsalted butter, as needed
- 4 scoops High Road Fig-Date and Pomegranate Molasses Ice Cream
- Hexx Single-Origin Peruvian Chocolate, as needed for grating on top
1. Spread the butter on all sides of the brioche. Sprinkle the bread on all sides with sugar.
2. In a medium hot sauté pan, caramelize the sugar on all sides of the bread. Place the caramelized brioche in the bottom of each serving bowl. Pour the soup around the brioche. Top the brioche with the ice cream. Grate the chocolate over the soup as the garnish.