Pastry Chef Julie MacMillan’s dessert featuring mighty maca cacao bites.
Yield: 26 rolled balls
- 8.4 oz/240 g Medjool dates, pitted
- 1.4 oz/41 g chia seed
- 1 oz/30 g hemp seed
- 0.5 oz/15 g raw cocoa powder
- 0.3 oz/9 g maca powder (preferably red)
- 1.9 oz/54 g raw sprouted walnuts
- 2 vanilla beans, scraped
- 1 oz/28 g coconut oil
- 0.0126 oz/0.36 g pink Himalayan salt
- 1.76 oz/50 g unsweetened coconut (fine shred)
1. Place all ingredients, except the coconut shreds, into a food processor and pulse until combined.
2. Scoop about a teaspoon of the mixture into your hands and shape into a ball.
3. Roll the balls in the coconut shreds and store in the refrigerator.
NOTE: alternatively, you can cast and cut into squares or bars.