Chocolate shells, honey, goat cheese ganache and red walnut crunch by Melissa Koppel, Co-owner and Chocolatier of Jean Marie Auboine Chocolates in Las Vegas, NV.
Yield: 120 chocolates
- White cocoa butter
- Cacao Barry Zéphyr™ 34% white chocolate
Have triangle-shaped magnetic molds ready. To make the transfers, spray 7 guitar sheets with tempered white cacao butter at 90°F. Let them crystallize for 1 hour at 63°F. Place the transfers in the molds. When the molds are around 68°F, make the shells with tempered Zéphyr™.
- 6.3 oz/180 g acacia honey
With a piping bag, pipe a small amount of honey in each shell and let crystallize for 12 hours.
Goat Cheese Ganache:
- 15.16 oz/430 g Cacao Barry Zéphyr™ 34% white chocolate
- 1.76 oz/50 g Cacao Barry cocoa butter
- 5.6 oz/160 g heavy cream
- 1.76 oz/50 g sorbitol
- 1.76 oz/50 g dextrose
- 0.07 oz/2 g citric acid
- 4.2 oz/120 g fresh goat cheese
1. Melt chocolate and cocoa butter.
2. Warm cream, sorbitol and dextrose to 95°F. Add citric acid and goat cheese and make an emulsion with the melted chocolate. Pipe on top of the honey when the ganache is at 81°F. Let crystallize at 63°F for a few hours.
Red Walnut Crunch:
- 8.8 oz/250 g lightly toasted walnuts
- 2.1 oz/60 g date sugar
- 0.7 oz/20 g confectioners’ sugar
- 1.58 oz/45 g Cacao Barry Zéphyr™ 41% white chocolate, melted
- 1 oz/30 g cocoa butter, melted
- 2.1 oz/60 g Cacao Barry Pailleté Feuilletine
- 0.03 oz/1 g sea salt
- Cacao Barry Zéphyr™ 41% white chocolate, for closing molds
1. Make a paste with the walnuts and sugars. Add melted chocolate and cacao butter, then the Feuilletine and salt. Temper to 73°F and pipe on top of the ganache. Place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
2. With the help of a heat gun, warm the molds lightly and close them with tempered white chocolate.