JMPurePastry's dessert featuring mini chocolate beignets.
Yield: 80 mini beignets
- 16.6 oz/472 g all-purpose flour
- 5.8 oz/165 g granulated sugar
- 2.3 oz/65 g baking powder
- 2.3 oz/65 g cocoa powder
- 0.07 oz/2 g salt
- 12.3 oz/350 g whole eggs
- 5.3 oz/150 g ricotta cheese
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scraped
1. Preheat fryer to 350°F. Combine all dry ingredients by sifting together.
2. In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix dry ingredients and combine slowly with eggs, then ricotta and vanilla bean seeds. Mix until just combined. Chill 2 hours or use immediately. Load into a plastic piping bag.
3. Make a 1” wide cut across the bottom of piping bag. Directly over the hot oil, squeeze bag with one hand and cut 1” square pieces of the thick batter with kitchen scissors. Fry for 2-3 minutes. Remove from fryer. Hold in 200°F warming oven for up to 15 minutes.