Chocolate mousse, orange financier, apricot jelly, shortbread, chocolate crumble, Maximapan 150 gelato base and coconut gelato by Deden Putra, Executive Pastry Chef of The Peninsula in New York, NY.
- 7 oz/199 g deZaan Sensation 72
- 3 sheets gelatin
- 6 large egg yolks
- 3.17 oz/90 g confectioners’ sugar
- 20.28 oz/575 g heavy cream, lightly whipped
1. Melt the chocolate, set aside.
2. Soak gelatin, set aside.
3. Make a pâte à bomb with egg yolks and confectioners’ sugar; fold in soaked gelatin.
4. Fold in melted chocolate and lightly whipped cream.
- 7 oz/200 g unsalted butter
- 7 oz/200 g confectioners’ sugar
- 7 oz/200 g almond flour
- Zest of 1 orange
- 4.2 oz/120 g whole eggs
- 0.7 oz/20 g cornstarch
1. Whip butter, confectioners’ sugar and almond flour until creamy.
2. Add eggs, a little bit at the time. Fold in cornstarch. Transfer to a pastry bag. Pipe the batter into micro flavor bar molds, filling each mold halfway. Bake for about 12 minutes at 325°F.
- 17.6 oz/500 g Capfruit apricot puree
- 3.17 oz/90 g granulated sugar
- 0.1 oz/3 g agar agar
- 6 sheets gelatin
1. Combine puree, sugar and agar agar using an immersion blender.
2. Pour into a saucepan and bring mixture to a boil. Pour onto silicone mold or tray and allow to set.
- 4.4 oz/125 g unsalted butter
- 6.5 oz/185 g all-purpose flour
- 2.1 oz/60 g granulated sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
Combine all the ingredients in the food processor and process until it comes together as a dough. Flatten the dough into a disc, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- 3.5 oz/100 g unsalted butter
- 3.5 oz/100 g granulated sugar
- 2.5 oz/70 g all-purpose flour
- 1 oz/30 g deZaan cocoa powder
- 3.5 oz/100 g almond flour
- 0.05 oz/1.5 g salt
1. Combine all the ingredients in the food processor and process until it comes together as a dough. Roll the dough out on a sheet pan. Bake at 356°F for15 to 20 minutes.
2. Crumble the baked dough white it is still warm.
Maximapan 150 Gelato Base:
- 6.6 lb/3 kg whole milk
- 5.3 oz/150 g heavy cream 36%
- 19 oz/540 g granulated sugar
- 2.1 oz/60 g dextrose
- 15.8 oz/450 g PreGel Maximapan 150
Combine all the ingredients in a container and burr-mix for 2-3 minutes, or until the mixture is completely smooth. Heat the mix as directed before flavoring.
- 2.2 lb/1 kg Maximapan 150 milk base
- 1 vanilla bean
- 10.5 oz/300 g Capfruit coconut puree
1. Warm the Maximapan base and infuse with vanilla bean.
2. Add the fruit puree using an immersion blender. Process in ice cream machine.
- PreGel Milk Chocolate Crunch
- Micro greens
- Edible flowers
- Chocolate leaf garnish
Smear the Chocolate Mousse from left to right corner of the plate. Arrange 2 Orange Financiers crossed against each other in the center. Place 2 micro half spheres of Apricot Jelly on bottom and top of the plate. Place the Chocolate Crumble next to the financiers. Spoon PreGel Milk Chocolate Crunch in the left corner of the plate and place a quenelle of gelato on top. Garnish the plate with micro greens, edible flowers and chocolate leaf.