Frozen sheep’s milk yogurt, lemon gelée, lemon meringue and yogurt sugar by Antonio Bachour, Executive Pastry Chef of St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort in Bal Harbour, FL.
Yield: 12-15 servings
Frozen Sheep’s Milk Yogurt:
- 11.5 oz/336 g whole milk
- 5.3 oz/150 g granulated sugar
- 2.6 oz/75 g glucose syrup
- 17.6 oz/500 g sheep’s milk yogurt
- Juice of 1 lemon
In a saucepan, bring milk, sugar and glucose to a boil over medium-high heat. Set aside to cool, then whisk in yogurt and lemon juice. Refrigerate to cool completely before processing in an ice cream machine. Transfer to a pastry bag with a ½” round pastry tip and store in freezer until ready to use.
- 5 gelatin sheets (silver)
- 8 oz/224 g lemon juice
- 6 oz/168 g water
- 8.8 oz/252 g granulated sugar
1. Soak gelatin in ice water until softened; squeeze out excess water and set aside.
2. Bring juice, water and sugar to a boil in a small pot. Stir in gelatin to dissolve and refrigerate until ready to use.
3. Cut gelée into cubes.
- 3.5 oz/100 g egg whites
- 3.5 oz/100 g granulated sugar
- 3.5 oz/100 g confectioners’ sugar
- Zest of 2 lemons
1. Preheat oven to 175ºF. Line 2 half-sheet pans with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whip the egg whites and sugar to stiff peaks. Gently fold in confectioners’ sugar and lemon zest. Pipe tubes onto prepared sheet pans. Dehydrate for about 12 hours to dry, then crumble into pieces.
- 2 oz/56 g yogurt powder (Yopol or Sosa brand preferred)
- 1 oz/28 g dextrose powder
- 0.5 oz/14 g citric acid powder
Mix to combine all ingredients and store in an airtight container in a cool dry place.
- Edible flowers
Pipe Frozen Sheep’s Milk Yogurt onto one side of the plate. Place a few cubes of Lemon Gelée on top of yogurt and sprinkle with Yogurt Sugar and Lemon Meringue crumble. Finish with edible flowers before serving.