Whimsical popsicle-shaped cakes with hazelnuts, raspberries, and vanilla bean by Claudia Schmid of Konditorei Fleischli, Zurich.
Makes about 12 individual cakes
These whimsical popsicle-shaped cakes require a special mold, the 90 ml Gel04 Tango,which comes from the Steccoflex and is available from www.silikomart.com.
- 4.2 oz/120 g unsalted butter, soft
- 6 oz/170 g granulated sugar
- 0.35 oz/10 g vanilla bean paste
- 0.07 oz/2 g salt
- 3 egg yolks
- 0.88 oz/25 g poppy seeds
- 1.76 oz/50 g ground natural hazelnuts
- 4.2 oz/120 g white spelt flour
- 0.1 oz/3 g baking powder
- 0.7 oz/20 g freeze-dried raspberries
- 1 oz/30 g Kirsch or amaretto liqueur
1. Grease molds (see info on mold above) with soft butter.
2. Beat butter, sugar, vanilla paste and salt on medium speed with paddle until light. Beat in yolks one at a time. Mix in the dry ingredients on low speed in 2 additions. Mix the raspberries and spirits together and fold in.
3. Fill molds with 2.1 oz/60 g batter; insert stick and bake at 350°F 35 to 40 minutes. Cool in molds and remove.
- Tempered dark chocolate
- Crushed freeze-dried raspberries
Finish with a strip of tempered chocolate and sprinkle chocolate with the crushed berries before it sets.