Poached Peach, Almond Cremeux, French Toast, Ginger Sorbet from Hotel Bel Air by Garry Larduinat.
Yield: 7 servings
- 12 oz/340 g mascarpone
- 17.6 oz/500 g heavy cream
- 3 oz/85 g granulated sugar
- 1.76 oz/50 g almond flour
- 0.07 oz/2 g bitter almond
1. Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a mixer fitted with the whisk attachment and whip to a soft Chantilly.
2. Fill 7 individual silicone baba molds with the mixture and place in the freezer.
- 16.6 oz/472 g water
- 7 oz/200 g granulated sugar
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1.4 oz/40 g freshly extracted ginger juice
- 0.14 oz/4 g sorbet stabilizer
1. Bring water to a boil. Add the sugar, lemon zest and ginger juice. Heat to 185°F (85°C) and then add the stabilizer. Bring to a boil. Cool and reserve in refrigerator to mature.
2. Process in ice cream machine.
French Toast Batter:
- 13.2 oz/375 g heavy cream
- 13.2 oz/375 g whole milk
- 3.5 oz/100 g egg yolks
- 4.4 oz/125 g granulated sugar
- 0.7 oz/20 g dark rum
- Pinch of salt
1. Mix cream and milk together with a whisk.
2. In a separate bowl, mix yolks and sugar and then whisk in the milk mixture. Whisk in the rum and salt. Set aside, chilled, until ready to use.
- 1 oz/30 g unsalted butter
- 1 oz/30 g brown sugar
- 14 oz/400 g diced peaches
In a pan, melt the butter, then add the brown sugar. Add the diced peaches and cook for a minute. Reserve.
Ginger Poached Peaches:
- 7 ripe peaches
- 8.8 oz/250 g granulated sugar
- 21.16 oz/600 g water
- 2.8 oz/80 g fresh ginger
1. Blanch the peaches to remove the skin.
2. Combine sugar, water and ginger in pot and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer (185°F) and add peaches. Poach for about 6 minutes. Reserve peaches in the syrup and store refrigerated overnight.
- 1 loaf brioche
- Orange blossom honey
- Crushed meringues
- Fresh edible flowers (fava bean blossoms, pansies)
1. Cut brioche into 1” slices. Using a round cutter (#75) cut out 7 discs of brioche. Dip the brioche rounds into the French Toast Batter for 15 seconds each side, and then sauté them on each side in a pan with butter until golden brown.
2. Place one round of French toast in the middle of the plate. Cut poached peaches in half. Then cut the halves into ¼” thick slices. Arrange them around the French toast. Place the unmolded frozen Almond Cremeux on top. Place the Sauteed Peaches on top. Quenelle the Ginger Sorbet and place onto the top of the dessert. Drizzle honey on the plate around the dessert along with pieces of crumble, crushed meringues, and fresh edible flowers, as desired.