Joseph DiPaolo Jr., Top Ten Pastry Chef of 2016, presents his Duncan Hines Peanut Butter Delight with Raspberry Sour Cherry Marmalade.
Yield: 48 servings
- 3 packages Duncan Hines Chewy Fudge Brownie
1. Prepare the brownie according to the package directions and pour into an 18” x 26” sheet pan.
2. Bake at 350°F for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool.
3. Using a sapphire cutter, cut 48 portions.
Dark Chocolate Mousse:
- 4.5 oz/128 g granulated sugar
- 4 oz/113 g heavy cream 36%
- 16 oz /454 g Guittard L’Etoile Du Nord 64%, melted
- 12 egg yolks, pasteurized
- 1 lb, 12 oz/794 g heavy cream 36%, whipped to soft peaks
1. Combine sugar and unwhipped cream in a saucepan and bring to boil.
2. Temper yolks into cream and sugar mixture. Fold in chocolate.
3. Fold in whipped cream.
- 9 oz/255 g peanut butter
- 2 oz/57 g Guittard Eclipse Du Soleil 41%
- 1 oz/28 g unsalted butter
- 4.5 oz/128 g feuilletine
1. Melt together the first three ingredients. Stir in feuilletine. Spread onto a sheet pan ¼” thick, chill.
2. Cut into 1” squares.
Peanut Butter Caramel:
- 9 oz/255 g granulated sugar
- 2 oz/57 g glucose
- 3 oz/85 g unsalted butter
- 5.5 oz/156 g heavy cream
- 3 oz/85 g peanut butter
1. Prepare a caramel with the sugar and glucose. Add the butter and cream. Pour into bowl and cool slightly.
2. Add peanut butter and mix well. Deposit into Sasa Demarle Flexipan mold FP #1097. Place in freezer until ready to use.
Milk Chocolate Glaze:
- 0.5 oz/12 g gelatin sheets (gold)
- 2 oz/57 g water
- 2.2 lb/1 kg heavy cream
- 2.2 lb/ 1 kg Guittard Eclipse Du Soleil 41%
1. Bloom gelatin in water.
2. Boil the cream and add bloomed gelatin. Pour over chocolate and emulsify with immersion blender.
Raspberry Sour Cherry Marmalade:
- 8 oz/227 g raspberry puree
- 12 oz/340 g granulated sugar, divided
- 5 oz/142 g glucose
- 13.5 oz/383 g IQF sour cherries, finely chopped
- ¼ Madagascar vanilla bean, scraped,
- 0.63 oz//18 g pectin
- 1.5 oz/43 g lemon juice
1. Combine the puree, 11 oz/312 g of the sugar, the glucose, cherries and vanilla. Warm slightly.
2. Mix the remaining 1 oz/28 g of sugar and the pectin in a separate bowl. Add the pectin and sugar to fruit mixture. Bring to a boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the lemon juice.
1. Fill 2 Sasa Demarle Sapphire molds FP #1124 halfway with the Chocolate Mousse. Place the frozen caramel medallion on top of mousse. Place the square of feuilletine on top of the caramel. Place a brownie cut-out on top of the mousse. Place in the freezer and unmold when completely frozen.
2. Warm the glaze to 84°F. Glaze the desserts. Garnish each with a roasted peanut, chocolate décor, and marmalade.