This water ganache uses passion fruit to achieve its flavor balance by Evan Sheridan of Inn in Little Washington.
“We like to use this formulation because of its purity of flavor. The passion fruit provides the water content needed to form the emulsion, but also provides the tart notes to balance out the sweet and bitter characteristics of the chocolates and caramel.”
- 11.1 oz/315 g passion fruit puree
- 1.7 oz/50 g dark chocolate
- 12.3 oz/350 g milk chocolate
- 0.35 oz/10 g trimoline
- 4.2 oz/120 g granulated sugar
- 0.02 oz/.5 g vanilla bean
1. Pre-crystalize chocolate.
2. Bring sugar to amber caramel. Deglaze with warmed passion fruit puree and vanilla bean.
3. Make ganache by adding hot caramel mixture to chocolate a little at a time, stirring in center until emulsion forms.